Ethos and Values
A place of excellence and innovation where children's skills, knowledge and values grow.
The Strategic Vision of Widewell Primary Academy :
• A stimulating environment in which children are nurtured, feel secure, confident, enthused and motivated to learn through a distinctive curriculum.
• Highly trained and caring teachers, and support staff, who are dedicated to maximising the individual talent and capability of every child.
• Provision of high quality facilities and tools essential to an enhanced learning environment.
• Open to, and embracing of, the hopes and ambitions of the parent body and encouraging their engagement in the school.
• Providing pupils with the skill sets and motivation to be able achieve in the next stages of their education by providing a foundation for life beyond Widewell.
• A respect for the natural environment and the world around them.
• To be a congregational focus at the heart of the Widewell community that contributes to its opportunities and cohesion.
Widewell Primary Academy will be a centre:
• For learning where high standards are pursued with consistency and enthusiasm
• Where individuals are valued and helped to achieve their personal best.
• Where effective partnerships secure the success of the school.
Widewell Primary Academy serves its community by working in partnership to provide an education of the highest quality with an understanding of shared values. As a school we celebrate the diversity of the wider community and are committed to the principles of inclusion and equality of opportunity.
Values are fundamental expressions of what we think and believe. As a school we encourage children to think about personal and social values, to become aware of, and involved in the life and concerns of their community and society, and so develop their capacity to be active and effective future citizens.
At Widewell Primary Academy our 'DREAM' values are:
Determined: trying hard and doing my best at all times.
Resilient: not giving up by maintaining a ‘can do’ attitude and believing they can achieve goals set for them by others and personal goals as well.
Enquiring: wanting to know more to extend their knowledge, understanding and skills.
Aspirational: aiming high and challenging themselves academically to be the best that they can be.
Mindful: being kind and respectful, by showing care and concern and, exercising goodwill towards others. We promote inclusion, and appreciate and value the diversity of people’s circumstances and backgrounds.
To find out about our curriculum, please click here.